Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekend Beauty Tip: How To Prevent Foundation From Caking

style-rx.ca: How to prevent foundation from caking


My skin has been a huge pain in my derrière lately (think lots of red patches, pimples, and all that fun stuff). I've literally had to put layers of concealer and foundation in order to cover it all up, but the result was a cake-face, and it was NOT a good look.

Luckily, on a recent trip to the MAC Cosmetics counter, I learned a really neat trick to avoid the cake face.



The secret? Use a setting spray between each layer of makeup application!


cake-free face

While a setting spray is usually used after everything is applied in order to "melt" your powder into your foundation, it also works great when applied after each layer of makeup. On days when my skin is super red, I often pile on several layers of concealer, foundation and powder. Using a spray in between each step really makes each product set into my skin, so the next layer won't appear heavily caked on. It's also a great way to keep your makeup lasting all day (and all night) long.

MAC's Studio Fix+ is a great option, but a thermal spray will also do the trick. My favourite? Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray.

How do you prevent your foundation from caking?




Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment