Saturday, September 28, 2013

What I Wore: Artbound's The pARTy 2013



Last week, I got to attend a super cool fundraiser by Artbound in support of Free the Children. The theme? Beverly Hills 90210.



To be honest, I really struggled with what to wear. Since '90s fashion is back a la mode, it was difficult to find that perfect balance between not being too costume-y, and not wearing something I would don on the regular.

Since I also haven't watched Beverly Hills 90210, channeling a specific character was out of the question. After some research, I realized Brenda, Donna and Kelly didn't really have a distinct style, which made things even harder.

I raided my sister's old closet for her '90s essentials and found a great pair of high-waisted denim shorts. There was also a pretty fabulous pair of "mom jeans", but they were probably the most unflattering pair of jeans I've ever put on my body. I was originally going to wear the shorts with a sleeveless turtleneck, but in the end, I decided to go more urban and wore a long-sleeved crop top from American Apparel. I accessorized with a gold chain necklace, a men's plaid shirt from Joe Fresh (around the waist, of course) and a snapback. If I owned Timberlands, I would have definitely worn them, but my cutout boots from Aldo sufficed.



There were a ton of fantastic '90s looks and an incredible performance by Naughty by Nature so overall the evening was a success. For a recap and to learn more about Artbound, check out my post on styleswept.ca.

Who was your fave character from Beverly Hills 90210?

XO,
Madelyn

P.S. I'm on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest! Let's be friends, yes? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment