Thursday, May 30, 2013

What I Wore: Maxi, With a Twist

Dress: Express / Sunglasses: Joe Fresh / Purse: Louis Vuitton / Shoes: Aldo (Similar here)

I went to the Express fall preview last week and saw one of the PR girls wearing this dress. I loved it so much, I went and bought it the next day. It's one of those dresses that can easily be dressed up or down which is key in my books. As I have way too many black dresses in my wardrobe (seriously, I can barely tell them apart in my closet!), this aubergine colour is a nice change. The sheer overlay of the dress makes it not quite a maxi, and the side slits add some sexiness (and allow for more movement).




The one thing that is annoying though is the length...if I didn't have to run to catch a train (oh, the joys of commuting) I would have paired this dress with a pair of Jeffrey Campbell heeled booties. But I do like the urban look these cut-out boots from Aldo give the dress.



In terms of accessories, I've been obsessively wearing this gold arrow bracelet from H&M, and loads and loads of skinny rings that I bought several years ago. The Louis was a gift from my dad...I hardly ever use it, but somehow it made an appearance today. 

Watch: Guess / Bracelet: H&M / Rings: Express, H&M, BCBG


On a side note....it's finally warm outside! Here's to dresses sans stockings and lots of denim cut-offs (so long as Mother Nature stays happy!)

XO,
Madelyn


No comments:

Post a Comment