Sunday, May 19, 2013

How to Wear: The Denim Shirt




Is it possible to have too many denim shirts? I think not. 

Chambray shirts have become a staple in my wardrobe, mainly because you can pair them with ANYTHING. A denim shirt can dress down a frou-frou outfit, while the proper accessories can dress up a denim shirt. See? It can go both ways. Plus, they're much more comfortable than your standard dress shirt. 


Here are some of my fave ways to wear it:


How to Wear: The Denim Shirt - style-rx.ca


Western with a twist: The denim shirt paired with the poufy skirt make for an unexpected ensemble. 



How to Wear: The Denim Shirt - style-rx.ca

Not a western girl? Throw a black sleeveless smock overtop of your denim skirt and add some silver hardware.



How to Wear: The Denim Shirt - style-rx.ca


Mix up bold prints, and use your denim shirt as your anchor. And of course, add in an arm party for good measure. 



How to Wear: The Denim Shirt - style-rx.ca


Feeling bold? Pair your denim shirt with a feathered skirt, and throw on a vintage-style sweatshirt.



How to Wear: The Denim Shirt - style-rx.ca

So simple, yet still so stylish. Ashley Olsen pairs her chambray shirt with black skinnies. I love how she used minimal accessories and left her shirt unbuttoned for added sexiness. 



Shirt: H&M / Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters / Shoes: Zara / Belt: H&M / Hat: Lids
How I wore it: The Canadian Tuxedo! To make this look a bit more current, I paired two different hues of denim together. I usually don't spend too much on jeans -- these skinnies from American Eagle Outfitters are one of my favourite pairs, because they have just the perfect amount of stretch (and they don't fall down by the end of the day!) Taking a style note from Ashley Olsen, I opted for only a few accessories. To dress up the look for work, I threw on a pair of pointy pumps, but once I was done for the day, I added a cap, which is proving to be my favourite accessory as of late. 

What's your favourite way to wear the denim shirt? 

XO,
Madelyn

For more inspiration, follow my "How to Wear: The Denim Shirt" board on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment